Because K Series, thats why!!!! ;)

Project aan het bouwen? Plaats hier je updates

Re: Because K Series, thats why!!!! ;)

Berichtdoor chris1144 » 01 Feb 2016, 21:39

Nice Work, that cam looks nasty :eek:
Wat je ook doet, zorg altijd dat je de drie T's bij je hebt, dan kun je je altijd redden....
Tyraps, Tape en Telefoon

Honda Civic Aerodeck, Vesuvius rood, D14Z4 > D14A4
Honda CRX 1 Gen, Rood, D16A1 ZC1

Gebruikers-avatar
chris1144
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor CivicCoupe13 » 01 Feb 2016, 21:39

I'll ask Leon if he can post some pics of his car in this topic! :)

Gebruikers-avatar
CivicCoupe13
HCN Groupie
HCN Groupie

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 02 Feb 2016, 20:33

chris1144 schreef:Nice Work, that cam looks nasty :eek:

thanks. and yeah, it looks horrible. rumor has it that a lot of the early model A3 engines had this problem. not sure why though.

CivicCoupe13 schreef:I'll ask Leon if he can post some pics of his car in this topic! :)

that would be cool to check out. :like:
Big thanks to my sponsor!!!!
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

"The Living Dead" http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=5447
"EK4 Ferio K series Project" http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=140274
EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Ferio Lover » 03 Feb 2016, 20:30

I heard my name :P

I'm not so active as a used to be, but i remember this topic :mrgreen:

One sick 4 door :eek: Probz for you my man :like:

Here some pics off my 4 door :cheesygrin:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Keep up the good work :up:
#Ferioluv :king:

Gebruikers-avatar
Ferio Lover
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 20 Mrt 2016, 20:55

did some minor maintenance on the car this weekend. the weather wasn't as nice as it was during the week but we make it work with what we got. some of my parts came in this week like the harness, the test pipe, and the helmet. still haven't made it to pick up the Recaro yet from the seller. :huilt:

but in due time. :like:

PLM 2.5 in adjustable test pipe. i really like the quality and the fact its adjustable. makes the B-pipe sit just right now.
Afbeelding

race legal approved helmet :drive2:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

military grade Schroth 4 point harness. these are the same kind we use in our MRAPs downrange, so i know this will keep me secured with no problems. just a simple mock-up. its a tad bit short on the back end, so i need to get some harness extenders.
Afbeelding

and here is a complete K20A CTR valve train assembly. its a little project that i am working on that will most likely get completed in the states. not bad for $142 shipped from the U.K.
some of the small springs and retainers came out from the rockers, but i have them all and putting them back in shouldn't be too bad.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

when i get more time i need to install my front lower sway bar and some more small things as well.
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor 15inch » 06 Apr 2016, 12:29

Would love to see a M3 Trunklid spoiler on that Domani Heck, makes it all complete. :)

Afbeelding
:drive2:

Gebruikers-avatar
15inch
HCN Groupie
HCN Groupie

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 15 Apr 2016, 10:21

15inch schreef:Would love to see a M3 Trunklid spoiler on that Domani Heck, makes it all complete. :)

Afbeelding

that looks sick!!! :like:

where can I get one??
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor 15inch » 15 Apr 2016, 10:26

I bought mine at the local BMW AD....will pm you the partnr, the price was very nice back then (2009), less then double the price of immitation. :)

Gebruikers-avatar
15inch
HCN Groupie
HCN Groupie

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 15 Apr 2016, 10:30

Story time, its kinda long. 8)

Sooooo…….. last Sunday I was on ebay.uk.co and I was looking for a seat belt harness for my car. I know I already have one but I wanted to see what else I could come across. So I typed in TAKATA harness and of course there was a fair share of the fake knock-off ones and some real ones as well.

As I looked through the harnesses I noticed one that looked different. One that stood out from the fakers and phonies; this one my friends looked legit!! :crazy:

So I started looking up how to spot a fake one and which is a legit one and etc, etc. I went to youtube (look up how to spot fake TAKATA harnesses), looked up old threads on NWP, honda-tech, compared it with the one from Matt at ICB’s website. And from what I found it had all the characteristics of a real-deal harness.

So, I checked the seller’s ebay rating and seller history for all the negatives and how long he/she has been a seller. Everything checked out legit except for one or two small issues. So I contacted the seller and asked him several questions about what happened and was the problem solved. He told me the issues were resolved but the buyers got impatient and sent negative feedback before he was able to fix the issues. Ok, I got that. Been there and done that before. I then asked him if the TAKATA harness is 100% real and legit. He told me yes it is and that if its not he will give me my money back, no problems. So I took a gamble and placed my Bid.

Now, either people weren’t interested or they thought it was fake, but I was the only person watching it and bidding on it. I figured this would work out to my advantage because people are too lazy to research stuff. So it gets down to 2 mins, and still no one else is bidding on this. Now I get that warm feeling. Not the “Oh yeah!!! I am about to win up in this piece.” But more of a “Oh man, did I just bid on a fake ass harness?” feeling.

Its now 45 secs left and I accept it for what it was; that I may be about to win a fake ass harness. Oh sigh. Then outta nowhere the bidding starts to increase, and I get that warm butterfly feeling like” Oh snap?!?! Wait a minute here?!?!”

But alas, my bid was strong with the force and I won. So I paid the man on Sunday, and by Monday morning he had shipped it and sent me the tracking as well. The harness arrived today and I opened the UPS package like a kid on Christmas.

Then the moment of truth came. And to my astonishment the harness was legit.
Afbeelding

Tell-tell sign is the yellow sticker and the product code sticker. Apparently the fake ones don't have these.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

I went through the whole harness and checked to make sure each part of the harnesses metal clips had their appropriate serial number just as I saw in the videos and threads.
Afbeelding

All the threads and FIA labels are a solid green and not painted as some called it.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Lastly I would like to point out the Cam lock. Its metal and feels solid. Locks and releases securely as well.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Overall it is great quality and just feels right in my hands. I am pretty stoked that I took a gamble and it came out to benefit me in the end.
:like:
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 15 Apr 2016, 10:33

well this past weekend kinda was a bummer and a bust, but it ended pretty good.

i was supposed to go to the NÜRBURGRING with Micha this past Sunday, but we never made it. had a problem with my axle boot clips flinging oil all over the place and the oil pan started to leak at a corner. was a nightmare
:cry2:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

we were able to fix the problems with the parts i had on hand and the space at Micha's garage (thank you Micha and Lucas). i am soooo glad i was able to get it fixed up. but unfortunately we never made it to the NÜRBURGRING. soooo we just ended the day with a few photos outside his garage.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

so after this was all done we went to his spot and had dinner. then it was time to finally pick up my pride and joy of my Recaro seat collection. took an hour long trip to the Germany/Holland border to pick up this carbon kevlar profi SPA :clap:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

so like i said, no trip to the Ring; but i got to spend time with good friends and make a purchase. :like:
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Jdm_Whore » 15 Apr 2016, 13:45

Great seat! Have owned a set in the past as well.. Only downside are the high sides, but when it's not daily driven it won't be a problem 8)
Driving takes three abilities: Accelerating, braking, and turning. More power only helps acceleration. Lower weight helps all three.

Gebruikers-avatar
Jdm_Whore
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor breakerh » 21 Apr 2016, 00:00

Indeed some nice seats (and nice takata's!)
Love the kevlar back :3
Civic ej9 D16A

breakerh
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 05 Mei 2016, 09:42

just getting the helmet ready for this Sunday. i got my pass to enter the Ring and i cant wait to get on the track.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

its going down
Afbeelding
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 05 Mei 2016, 09:43

So this past Sunday here in Germany I took the plunge and took my car to the Nordschleife at Nürburgring in the Eifel forest. My first impressions? AWESOME!!!!! It was the first time I took my car to any controlled track ever, and I feel that it may lead to more track events in the future.

I’ve seen a lot of nice cars here and there on the autobahns and the surface streets, but the Ring sets up a showstopper for a whole new breed of track cars. It was awesome to see all makes and models in one place. And the best part about it the people were chill and pretty cool. I talked to some Porsche guys who said my car was nice, and simple. Said that they were glad to see a civic limo, sedan, that didn’t have a big wing and that wasn’t Uber loud.

So the Nürburgring is about a good 20 KM long (12 miles) and it’s got some nasty twists and turns, which I found out 1st hand how bad (or fun) it can get. It doesn’t take that long to get through the course and when you are done you contemplate going a 2nd run, just so you can see if you can get your time down, or because it was like that 20 mins of sex you get on your birthday.

All in all it was an excellent experience that I think that any real car enthusiast or track monSTAR should partake in. I think that when I get to the states in a few weeks I will set my car up for street and track. Get a better suspension set-up, brakes, and stickier tires.

At some point in the morning during my run I found out a photographer snapped some pics of me making some moves on a down hill turn. I think they turned out okay. :drive2:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

After my run was done I made my way to the shop to get my trinkets and I then headed out to pick up 99-00 EK9 headlights. Not a bad day if I do say so myself. :like:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Bor » 09 Mei 2016, 07:24

Cool story! I want to go race there myself but havent take the step yet.

What was your laptime?

Gebruikers-avatar
Bor

VorigeVolgende

Terug naar Projecten