Because K Series, thats why!!!! ;)

Project aan het bouwen? Plaats hier je updates

Re: Because K Series, thats why!!!! ;)

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 20 Okt 2015, 09:17

09-14-2015, 10:59 AM

yesterday was a nice breezy day but it didn't stop me from laying down some primer prior to painting some parts. I recently acquired some extra valve covers that I am working on.
Afbeelding

basically did a wash and scrub down with soap, degreaser, and alcohol to get all the oils and gunk off. after all that was done I laid down 6 coats of epoxy primer.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

unfortunately I didn't lay the colors I wanted to, but that will go down in a day or two. instead I moved on to freshen'n up my window cowl.

buy a new cowl they said. it will be cool they said.:coleman:
NOPE!!!
warm soapy water and alcohol does wonders with scotch brite.
Afbeelding

1st of 4 layers
Afbeelding

and done. it looks so much better than before. not bad for a 16 year old part.
Afbeelding

now I am waiting for my re-flashed ecu to arrive from Austria, and to finish up the radiator install.

at the end of the day I took my family out for a nature walk and to a nice sushi joint in our town.
Afbeelding

finally getting towards the finish line:nod:

[/09-16-2015, 10:36 AM b]

[B]2nd stages of the valve covers. I keep running outta paint so that's why they look the way they do. but I plan on finishing these up by Friday.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

[/09-18-2015, 12:20 PMb]

[B]threw down the rest of the color, clear coat and hardener today. I am pretty happy with my rattle can job, and no I am not at all concerned what anyone thinks about it.:wwhat:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

easy bake oven time. threw them in the oven at 235 degrees F, for 45mins. I didn't take pics of that yet, will do that tomorrow.
Afbeelding

[/09-20-2015, 11:09 AM b]

[B]after cooking up valve covers last night I headed back into the garage today. the damn rain would stop and then rain again. kinda a pain in the ass.
Afbeelding

Doctronics re-flashed K20A2 ecu. this is just to get me started. Kpro is in the works for later on.:nod:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

and just some random shots with some wiring in the bay.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Big thanks to my sponsor!!!!
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

"The Living Dead" http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=5447
"EK4 Ferio K series Project" http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=140274
EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 20 Okt 2015, 09:22

10-02-2015, 02:49 PM

finally got all the fluids in and did a test start up. fired right up and didn't sound too bad. there was a check engine light but I believe it was from the air intake sensor not being plugged in. gonna have to wire up the B series plug cause I cant find my K air intake sensor.
Afbeelding

10-09-2015, 02:33 PM

all of those are correct.
the 2nd O2 sensor is disabled in the program as well.

well just to add a lil joy to this my karcepts TB cable bracket came in along with the GSR throttle cable. now I have a super peppy throttle/gas pedal response.
Afbeelding

installed
Afbeelding

I also made use of my old 3 in. Ingen CAI I had laying around. its a nice fit and it adds a lil more bling to the bay. I am debating about paining it a flat black.
Afbeelding

I finally got all the brakes done too. was hoping to slap on the CPRs, but ran into a little proble with the valve stems breaking on two of the rims. no problems the shop paid to have them fixed and the tubeless valve stems are on the way.

still have some small bugs to work out, but over all I am in a good mood about it. hopefully my fenders arrive tomorrow or on Monday and all the body parts are in.

10-10-2015, 10:08 AM

:lolface:FINALLY!!! I got what I wanted!!!!!

so after racking my head against my dash board I was finally able to pull the code from the re-flashed ecu. but I had to use a scan tool to read it, while the car was running. thanks to my neighbor who is an Army mechanic, he let me use his obd2 scanner and was able to pull the code. which stills brings the question why I can pull the code via the 2 pin service port by the passenger kick panel.

after the car started and ran for about 2 mins the CEL came on. and I ended up getting P0135/Code 41 Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater CircuitMalfunction (generic o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 1) :raisins:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

looks like I might be buying a new o2 sensor, but before I do that I am gonna check all the wires again to make sure.:nod:

10-11-2015, 10:46 AM

did some minor stuff today, but nothing too major. started to get all the Sprint Hart lug nuts cleaned up and polished. here are a few shots.
Afbeelding

this is how they look once you use the oven cleaner to strip away the anodizing.
Afbeelding

this is how they look after some ultra fine steel wool and Wenol metal polisher. :shades:

Afbeelding

still some smudges and small spots around the edges I have to get and they will be good.

I also scooped up this cool looking radiator cap off a JDM RHD Altezza. I think its pretty cool, cause up until now I never heard of the company.
Afbeelding

and a shot with the flood lights on.
Afbeelding

now some technical questions. I have been trying to figure my cooling system in regards to the radiator fans cutting on. it seems that no matter how long my car been running the fans wont come on and it takes forever for the thermostat to open up. When it does open up I kinda expected the fans to kick on but they don't. the lower radiator hose gets hot, but not to the point where you cant touch it (in other words you can grab it without burning your hands).

I have been talking to my peeps Micha, Josh, and Lex about it and been doing all the regular checks. all the fuses are good, inserted new relays from Honda, ran battery power t fans and they turn on, checked grounds and they are good, tested thermostat and fan switch in hot water and they are good. the only thing I haven't really been able to test is the water pump, but I am sure that's working cause I can see the coolant moving in the radiator.

I ran the car today for 53 mins hitting throttle every once in a while to help raise the temp. the car so far hasn't gotten over the half way mark or really even close to it. it just sits right below the half mark. I hasn't showed any signs of over heating either. so I am kinda stumped.

any ideas on what else it could be?

10-12-2015, 10:41 AM

I can only hope that is the issue. I am gonna move my ground to a different spot and see if that helps. once I get my front end on the car I can try an actual test drive.

speaking of the front end, i finally got my hands on some OEM 99-00 civic fenders. they arent perfect, but they will do. at least one is already VSM.
Afbeelding
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 20 Okt 2015, 09:28

Yesterday, 11:50 AM

after work shenanigans went down in the garage. painted the fender and grill yesterday and last night. was able to have them dry and cure using an extra large moving box with a small heater at one end and covered and vented. worked pretty well. too bad I didn't take any pictures.:thud:

but here it is in all its rattle can glory. (until I get to the states and get a better real paint job:nod:)
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

despite the fact that its just rattle can, I am happy just to have the parts on. now I can get my temp tags and get my b-pipe cut and re-welded.
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Zwetje » 20 Okt 2015, 09:48

That car is looking good sirrrr! :like:
Nothing is what it seems.

Gebruikers-avatar
Zwetje

Berichtdoor Error » 20 Okt 2015, 09:49

Impressive!! :like:

Error
HCN Groupie
HCN Groupie

Berichtdoor chris1144 » 20 Okt 2015, 11:47

Looks great :up:
Wat je ook doet, zorg altijd dat je de drie T's bij je hebt, dan kun je je altijd redden....
Tyraps, Tape en Telefoon

Honda Civic Aerodeck, Vesuvius rood, D14Z4 > D14A4
Honda CRX 1 Gen, Rood, D16A1 ZC1

Gebruikers-avatar
chris1144
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor kelvinEP3 » 20 Okt 2015, 15:17

Looks great, will drive fast enough i think. Like we say in Holland: It goes like a firetruck :cool:

kelvinEP3
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 20 Okt 2015, 17:56

Zwetje schreef:That car is looking good sirrrr! :like:

kelvinEP3 schreef:Looks great, will drive fast enough i think. Like we say in Holland: It goes like a firetruck :cool:

chris1144 schreef:Looks great :up:

Error schreef:Impressive!! :like:

thanks a lot. almost done here. just some last minute stuff.
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Boes16A2 » 21 Okt 2015, 09:12

Didn't check your thread in a little while. you have been making progress mister :like:

those CPR's :love1: are they 15s or 16s ?
Afbeelding
Kevinio doet t dus dan is t stoer ;) : in progress B18C, S2 pro 1 nokken, retainers en veren, M factory LSD, Edelbrock performer RPM, Neptune.
Rijdend en rokend B16A2 in origineel nederlandse EK4 met wiechers kooi, hardrace onderstel en nog wat andere mods

Gebruikers-avatar
Boes16A2
HCN Groupie
HCN Groupie

Berichtdoor Kevinio » 21 Okt 2015, 09:24

Boes16A2 schreef:those CPR's :love1: are they 15s or 16s ?

You're wrong Jos, everybody can see those are real JDM Rotas. :roll:
Wil je upgraden van kansloze 'spoon feeder' naar gerespecteerd forumgebruiker, gebruik eens de zoek-functie! :oops:

Gebruikers-avatar
Kevinio
HCN Crew
HCN Crew

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 21 Okt 2015, 17:13

Boes16A2 schreef:Didn't check your thread in a little while. you have been making progress mister :like:

those CPR's :love1: are they 15s or 16s ?

they are 15's. I couldn't get a set of 16's at the time so for now these will work. I plan on upgrading the brake calipers later on and I may have to use a spacer.

Kevinio schreef:
Boes16A2 schreef:those CPR's :love1: are they 15s or 16s ?

You're wrong Jos, everybody can see those are real JDM Rotas. :roll:

:sad;
oh no, the secret is out!!! lol if only they cost as much as Rota though.
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Kevinio » 21 Okt 2015, 20:12

If you are willing to sell them because you want 16", please let me know! What are the spec? 7,5J ET35?
Wil je upgraden van kansloze 'spoon feeder' naar gerespecteerd forumgebruiker, gebruik eens de zoek-functie! :oops:

Gebruikers-avatar
Kevinio
HCN Crew
HCN Crew

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 22 Okt 2015, 20:59

Kevinio schreef:If you are willing to sell them because you want 16", please let me know! What are the spec? 7,5J ET35?

I wont be selling them any time soon. this wont happen till I decide on which bigger brake setup I want. the rims are 15x7 and 15x7.5
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

Berichtdoor Boes16A2 » 23 Okt 2015, 07:00

Kevinio schreef:If you are willing to sell them because you want 16", please let me know! What are the spec? 7,5J ET35?

I know about a set of gabsports which he might be willing to sell ;) but they ar an inch narrower :)
Afbeelding
Kevinio doet t dus dan is t stoer ;) : in progress B18C, S2 pro 1 nokken, retainers en veren, M factory LSD, Edelbrock performer RPM, Neptune.
Rijdend en rokend B16A2 in origineel nederlandse EK4 met wiechers kooi, hardrace onderstel en nog wat andere mods

Gebruikers-avatar
Boes16A2
HCN Groupie
HCN Groupie

Berichtdoor Smitty_Works » 26 Okt 2015, 21:09

fueled up and running an open header on the Army base. 1st wash in over 9 months. need to lower it a bit more. sorry for the cell phone pic

Afbeelding
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

EK GARAGE

Gebruikers-avatar
Smitty_Works
HCN Regular
HCN Regular

VorigeVolgende

Terug naar Projecten